MCAGCC Pet Policy
Pet ownership provides real and tangible benefit that significantly contributes to the quality of life for service members and their families.
However, all residents assigned military family housing are responsible to the health, safety, and tranquility of the community must adhere to both Marine Corps policy and pet agreements established within their lease.
Information for Incoming Residents
Per MCO 11000.22
- Base housing residents may own up to two pets; dogs and/or cats.
- Pit Bulls (American Pit Bull Terrier, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier), Rottweiler’s, any Wolf hybrid or any mix of the aforementioned breeds are not permitted in family housing or aboard the base.
- Barnyard or exotic pets (reptiles, ducks, rabbits, chickens, ferrets, pigs, etc.) will not be allowed in family housing.
- Rabies vaccination are required for pets and it is strongly suggested to include parvo, distemper, and any other vaccinations recommended by a veterinarian.
- It is strongly recommend that you microchip your pets.
- Any damages caused to the unit or grounds by my pet(s) are the resident's responsibility.
- American Pit Bull
- American Staffordshire Terrier
- Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Wolf Hybrids
Information for Current Residents
If you encounter any issues with stray animals, excessive dog barking, or any other animal nuisance that needs to be addressed contact your housing district manager at the number below.
- Adobe Flats District: (760) 910-9655
- Ocotillo District: (760) 368-4021
- Palm District: (760) 368-4500
- Vista Del Sol District: (760) 361-6158
Dog stations are located across the base for your convenience. Please clean up after your pets.
There are several dog parks throughout the Lincoln Military Housing communities: Sandhill and Maumee (Adobe Flats), Smoketree and Mineral (Joshua Heights) and corner of Upshur and Cannon (Ocotillo). There is also a dog park at the Vista Del Sol Community Center, adjacent to the swimming pool.
A dog run is located at Bourke & 5th streets, behind Heritage Park on Bourke, has cordoned off areas where dogs may be unleashed.
Veterinary care is available at the Army-run clinic behind the Commissary in Bldg 102. Services include examinations and vaccinations for your pets. All pets in base housing must be micro-chipped, which can be done at Veterinary Services. For more information call (760) 830-6896.