What is a Public Private Venture?
Public/Private Venture (PPV) is a partnership between the Marine Corps and a private company. Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center (MCAGCC) has one property manager; Lincoln Military Housing. The private company (typically a limited liability company) builds, renovates, maintains, and manages family housing communities.
Key PPV Features
Typical Community Services
- Minimal to zero out-of-pocket
- Military construction quality or better
- Elimination of renovation/replacement backlog
- Guaranteed operations and maintenance resources for the long term
- Future renovations/replacements fully funded by the project
- USMC reserve accounts established to fund future unknowns (utility spikes, etc.)
- USMC participation in all key management decisions
Quality site and home designs
- Large multi-function community centers
- Community recreation and education programs (coordinated with MCCS)
- Routine service calls response in 1-3 days
- Change of occupancy maintenance in 7 days
- Property managers maintain front landscaping
- High speed internet ready
- Pools, basketball courts, playgrounds, trails, etc
- Well-landscaped, pedestrian-friendly sites
- Excellent home architecture and layouts
- Functional floor plans
- Significant storage space
More information about PPV can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.